This is often said and most difficult to do. Our lives get so hectic, so busy that we always have something else to take us away from perhaps the greater work we have been called to do.
Between finishing the book, The Shack, a recent conversation with a friend, and Robb's sermon on Sunday at Vintage Fellowship, I realized something's gotta give. And it needs to be me. I realized, no matter what stage of life I'm in, I will always be busy. Life's next steps aren't going to slow down. I'll be trading in the hectic life of a graduate student for the hectic life of a professor (hopefully), a more attentive wife and family member, and eventually a mother.
So, what comes of all this thinkin'? I need to be more intentional in my relationships. It's time to put in more time. It's time to do some hard work. It's time to push past the hump of what's comfortable and stretch myself. It's time for me to mature and find a way to manage the whirlwind of my small myopic view in order to see what else and most importantly, who else in the world is around me. There is no greater way to strengthen my relationship with God than by also strengthening my relationships with the people around me.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Well said!
And.
Thank you. The last two days have been hell. I mean total weeping and naching of teeth.... we will talk soon.
and I do know how to spell (sometimes)
lol.
wanna have coffee?
Jazz, I'm looking forward to our Friday! Ness-yes! I'd love to get some coffee.
Hi Sara,
Great commentary. Read the lyrics to Harry Chapin's Cats in the Cradle, sums it up!
Love,
Cynthia
Post a Comment