I don’t know how long I can keep these titles up because really, I want the things I learn with WW to be on-going. When I reach my end goal which revolves around a specific weight goal, re-education, re-focusing the hierarchy of God and food, then I’ll be closer to where I want to be. And, let me tell you, tonight God was a cupcake. I’ve got a ways to go, especially since I only lost 1 pound this week.
Some of you know that Lent began last Wednesday. I’ve never participated in Lent before and recently struggled with the idea of giving something up since I am already involved in WW—which, while the motivation is to live healthier, it still feels like I’m giving something up (like aforementioned cupcake). After reading our church’s blog on Lent, I decided to give something up: my snooze bar. Part of the reason I have decided to do this is two fold. One, I want to explore Lent and see what it’s all about and what better way to do that then to actually participate by giving something up. I want to find out what it really means to participate and I want it to strengthen my relationship with God.
The second reason I want to pursue this is because every time I hit the snooze button, I regret it. I am a self-proclaimed slug. I hate getting up. It’s strange because I love being busy and I love getting things done, but the getting up out of bed, I never really latched onto that idea. So, the snooze bar, that’s a big deal. There are other things I should consider sacrificing, but right now, I’m just going to focus primarily on one.
Here’s a link to our blog on Lent. It’s pretty interesting: Blogging Lent.

No comments:
Post a Comment