Well, I finished up my first week as an official Weight Watcher's gal. I am official because we started officially paying for it today. Money=official. The week was a test. I started off excited about the possibility of change--controlled change--my favorite kind! The first day went well. I felt lighter. The second and third days, I was dragging. In fact, the third day, I came home, skipped class and slept. Then, the rest of the week got progressivly better. Then, the weekend came.
I'm pretty sure a bad way to do WW is to save up points and eat a pie on the weekend. So, I didn't eat a pie, but I had dessert Friday, Saturday (a HUGE one), and Sunday. I had stomach cramps and a little touch of the sickness on Sunday afternoon and a little on Monday. Yeah, yeah, I knew that wasn't good, but I just had to try it to make sure.
Monday is my weigh in date and I started off last Monday at 167. Today I weigh 160. Not the healthiest to lose that much, but a lot of it was water weight gain. Regardless though, I lost! WW says to find other ways to celebrate without food. I really like candles and haven't been buying any lately so I think I'm going to go out and buy me a big old smelly candle. One that smells clean and nice. Not the kind that smells like dessert!
And, Jazz, thanks for the encouragement. I've got you in my head! That's a good thing. And, Candice, oh--we've got some talkin' to do! Congratulations!!
Monday, February 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Pssh! For sure! I am so excited for your journey. It will suck- but I think there is something big to be said of taming our desires...especially those that are in excess.
Drop me a line if you need.
501-815-4721.
Thank you! Hey, are we still on for lunch after church Sunday? Hubby was excited about it too. (Did you want me to bring the hubby?) :-)
We sure are! I think my sister might be in town or something too... but she is easily overlooked ;)
Um. Well.... DO NOT! I REPEAT DO NOT BRING DESSERT! *Here is where I am making the pleading eye look saying, "my mind is telling me no...but my body is saying yeeeaaah" look. (sorry... no more R.Kelly throwbacks)
We will do a protein- salad- and veg- so if you'd like to do some sort of rice/grain/something amazing have at it. Otherwise no.
I have got to get better about answering people straight forward- I think that I think I am too damn clever for my own good!
Oh yes! Hubby included.
Post a Comment