Last week, we invited a couple of the Freeman boys over to play games. The Freemans are a family we know from church and me and hubby often show up on their doorstep to be fed like strays. Thankfully, they are a giving family! Those of you who attended our wedding met Madelyn Freeman, our lovely flower girl.
Anyway, last Wednesday, Luke and Joel came over to eat Thai food and play Thurn and Taxis, a game about postal routes. Believe it or not, it's a lot more fun than it sounds, as most strategy games based losely on history.
It was my first time to play Thurn and Taxis and I think a good time was had by all, especially me because I won. Yep. I did. I beat hubby by 1 point. Now that's a good game!
In other news, hubby is starting a book club in the fall and we have our first meeting Sunday after church. He has put together a darn good list that hosts a plethera of attributes such as cultural diversity, social commentary, thought provoking genres, and sheer literary genius. The only thing it lacks? Poetry. But, I do understand that that is another club all on its own (where the people are typically much grumpier.)

No comments:
Post a Comment