I remember a few years back; I was living in Bloomington, Indiana enjoying the change in my life and happily welcoming that big and bold 30th birthday. My 20's were nothing to celebrate. They were rough. I guess it didn't help that I spent four of those years struggling in New York City.
Nonetheless, when 30 came to me, I claimed it even before the day hit. I was so ready to shrug off all that had come before and start anew. Now, a few days ago, I've realized, I'm not sure I'll ever welcome a birthday again!
Maybe, just maybe, I'll be excited by the decade changes, but the in between birthdays-- I can't say they do much for me. I can say that I received some beautiful cards, wonderful gifts, and many birthday messages, including the walloping age jokes from Hubby. He earned it, I suppose. He did get out of bed early to make me breakfast and took me to dinner at our favorite Italian restaurant in Fayetteville later in the week.
My dad tells me (and as every woman over 30 has the right to confess) "Kiddo, you can be forever twenty-nine!"
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
oh girl, I HEAR YOU!
Your husband kills me with all the "old lady" jokes.
Thanks for opening your house to the married couples group!
Post a Comment