Sunday, November 30, 2008

Officially Accountable

Another whirlwind holiday celebrated and gone! Hubby and I headed to Indiana to see the family this Thanksgiving. As usual, it was a good restful trip, but seemed to go by too fast. As one holiday is buried and another one is being born, somewhere in there is the end of a semester. One more week to teach! Two more weeks of classes! Then, a blissful month off. As winter approaches, and approach it does--we had snow today--I have a few goals set for the winter break. I am writing them in blogstone so they become more real, and so people can help hold me accountable.

Goals for Winter Break
  • Read the last Harry Potter book (Sshh--I don't know what happens!)
  • Write poems for my thesis
  • Correspond via written letter with some pals
  • Finish editing a friend's book
  • Learn how to relax
  • Seek a more intentional relationship with God (Hmm... what is the state of my life when Harry Potter is first on the list!?)
  • Plan a syllabus for the two courses I'm teaching next semester
  • Read ahead for one of my grad courses: The Comic Novel
  • Try to stop making lists
This is not a complete list since I have about 15 other inane things swirling around in my consciousness that are begging to be added. However, those are the big things I've listed. Now, it's official: I'm held accountable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! You crack me up.

Don't the Holidays just seem to get shorter and shorter every year! Weird!

Candice Houston said...

Sara, you must read that book! That is all I will say!