This weekend, Hubby and I ventured to Birmingham, AL for a friend's wedding. Henry Tsay--pronounced sigh, which makes for some wicked funny punning-- married his life-long girlfriend, Sharon. We left Fayetteville Friday morning and drove through to Birmingham. We stopped off in Little Rock to eat at the infamous Flying Fish. Below is RJ and the wall of singing bass, which is enough to frighten anyone.
Next, we hit some great shops in the area. One I liked in particular was the store, Ten Thousand Villages. I love this place because, first off, everything is affordable. And second, all of the international artisans who created the merchandise are paid fairly for their work. We actually have one of these stores in Fayetteville, but I haven't been up there yet. Folks--expect Christmas gifts from here this year!
http://www.tenthousandvillages.com/
Overall, the drive to Birmingham was not bad. We did a lot of talking and listening to a Stephanie Plum mystery novel, which was junk food for our head and we loved it. This was quite a change from our Harry Potter marathon reading. Yes, school is out and we are reading what we want! We arrived at our hotel in AL around 9ish and settled in.
The next morning, we headed to the wedding, which began around 11AM. The church was lovely and the day was not too hot, which is surprising for the south in July. Afterwards, we headed to the reception, which lasted until 3pm. RJ got to reunite with some of his buddies from Wash U. and I got to meet a lot of really cool people I hope to see again.

Then, we jumped in the car and headed to Memphis. We made it in around 7pm and thought about heading downtown to the Peabody to see Journey to the Center of the Earth, but instead, we stayed in and watched tv. This was fine with me since I was getting the beginnings of a sinus infection.
Sunday, we checked out at the last possible minute, and hit the road back to Fayetteville. We arrived home around 6pm and I went to bed feeling pretty lousy. Hubby took care of dinner and spent all of Monday nursing me back to a human state. Good man.


1 comment:
You guys are so cute. Enjoy this time of life, when you can travel and be silly and all without car seats or sippy cups.
Post a Comment