For the past few days, I've really been thinking about stuff. For some of you, thinking "Uh-oh" at this point is as natural as your gag reflex, but I assure you, read on. At Vintage, (http://vintagefellowship.org/) our pastors have been leading a series entitled God is Green. Hubby and I missed most of it because we were out of town for a couple of weekends, but we did catch the first and the last sermons.
The first Sunday of the God is Green series focused on appreciating the beauty of creation. We should, more often, sit back and enjoy the things that are around us. At this point during the sermon, hubby looked over at me to snicker since I tend to run, run, run, until I hit a wall. Enjoy what? There's too much to do! Why waste time enjoying when I could be doing!
You know those flat escalators in airports that you can walk down to get to your gate faster? Well, my life is one of those and I RUN! So, this series pulled the plug! And, as a result, I've been trying to focus more on what is around me, how to appreciate it, and by default, how to preserve and take care of it.
What am I thankful for?
1. My husband.
The man, the legend who keeps me young, appreciative, and corrects my grammar when given the chance.
2. Air conditioning.
Seems like a silly thing, but not everyone has the luxury of an air conditioned car or home, and as of late, the lack of air conditioning could be a very bad thing.
3. My jobs. And, hubby's new job.
We would have no air conditioning (nor muffins--read on) without these beauties.
4. Our pastors.
While leading and envisioning the future of Vintage, both have full-time jobs and full-time families. All these things demand a lot of responsibility and they have done a beautiful job. And of course, behind every great man...is a great family.
5. Composting.
Never thought I'd take time to praise decaying matter, but how flippin cool is it to take stuff you would otherwise throw into a trash pile and reuse it to grow produce and plants?
6. Friends and Family
In this area of our lives, we have both been blessed!
7. Double J.
Thank God he moved back to town! Not only did we both miss him madly, but now hubby has someone to play Descent with!
8. Made from scratch, chocolate-chip-banana muffins.
Need I say more?
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh, buddy. I never thought I'd beat muffins. That's pretty sweet.
Post a Comment