Friday, July 25, 2008

Mega Nerdage

Last night, Hubby and I and a couple of friends got together to play Descent: Journeys in the Dark.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/17226

It's a board game that is very elaborate. In fact, we started setting the game up around 4:00pm and I played until 8:30. Hubby and friends? Much later. The game reminds me of what D&D might have been like had I ever been geeky enough in high school to play it. It took me awhile to get used to the rolling of the dice, counting up kill points, and understanding what was equipped and what was in my backpack, but I think with some time, I could really enjoy this game. And since hubby loves it, I'll try very hard!

While Descent is not on the agenda for this weekend, fun will still be had. Our friend Ash is graduating from the creative writing program and we're throwing him a going away party on Saturday. I'll be sure and take some great pics for you all to see!

No comments: